The best way to help people to engage in looking after their mental health is to help them to understand it.
Powered by Australia’s Biggest Mental Health Check-in, we have over 7000 data points collected in 18 months across 34 client organisations. This is what we have learnt.
1. We can’t wait until people know they have a mental health problem, to check their mental health.
- 3 in 5 people in clinical ranges of depression and anxiety didn’t know they were
- Only 1 in 10 of people in severe or above ranges were seeking treatment
- Men are just as likely to experience symptoms but only present to healthcare providers 30% of the time.
Organisations need strategies that make understanding mental health, proactively tracking your sleep and early warning signs, and developing your psychological performance easy, private, personalised and confidential.
2. The world is ready to do mental health differently.
- To a person – each client organisation has agreed – “we know mental health is a challenge, and we’ve raised awareness, we just don’t know what to do about it”
3. Match the right people, to the right program, at the right time, by providing better decision support tools to individuals, GPs and organisations.
- Interventions in real time that are short, relevant, and engaging is the best way to protect and develop mental health in our digital world.
Vital Conversations is leading the world in mental health innovation. Sought after by global organisations, we are rapidly building a presence as leaders in the new generation of measuring and making a difference to mental health.
Find out more about us;
Please call +61 08 9382 8274 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about our services or team.